Protective helmets are not merely a fashionable accessory while mounted, their use on show grounds is mandated by the U.S.E.F. and the F.E.I . When riding a horse, there is always a chance of a fall for any multitude of reasons, and afterwards there is a lot to think about. Are you ok? Is your horse? Why did the fall happen? Could it have been avoided? What exercises can you work on to lower the chances of a fall again? The last thing you want to be thinking about is, “how can I afford a new helmet to replace this one?”
Helmet manufactures understand this concern and are sympathetic. They also accurately believe and try to enforce that you should never ride again in a helmet that sustained a crash. For this reason, they all have wonderful crash replacement policies to allow you to get a replacement helmet a fraction of the cost in the event of a fall where your helmet is impacted. Generally you will need to send your original receipt, an accident report form or letter explaining the incident, as well as the crashed helmet, but make sure you follow the specifics for each manufacture. We’ve helped to outline differences in helmet ages and contact information for some of our manufactures below, so you know where to start if you find yourself on the ground and needing a replacement.
Let Dover Help You
GPA and Charles Owen helmet crash replacements can be done through Dover if you purchased your helmet with us. Just give us a call or come into one of our stores.
- GPA: Helmet must be purchased within the last year.
- Charles Owen: Helmet must be purchased within the last 3 years, with age of helmet determining discount on the replacement.
- Uvex: Helmet must be purchased within the last 3 years, with age of helmet determining discount on the replacement.
Contact Manufactures Directly
- Troxel: Helmet must be purchased within the last 2 years. Either product registration must have been completed or a sales receipt is needed. http://www.troxelhelmets.com/service/replacement
- IRH: Helmet must be purchased within the last 3 years. 800-435-6380 http://irhhelmets.com/accident_replacements.php
- Tipperary: Helmet must be purchased within the last year, and the warranty registration card must have been completed within 30 days of purchase. 888-313-8842 http://phoenixperformance.com/tipperary/accident-replacement-policy/
- Ovation: Helmet must be purchased within the last 3 years. 866-569-1600 http://www.englishridingsupply.com/design/mini-sites/ovationriding.com/helmets/
- One K: Helmet must be purchased within the last 3 years. 866-569-1600 x215 http://onekhelmets.com/replacement-policy/
- Samshield: Helmet must be purchased within the last 4 years.